Download Pompidou Centre
The Pompidou Centre in Paris is a world-famous cultural centre and home to France’s National Museum of Modern Art. Its reputation and high profi le make it a prime target for spam, but since the installation of a Sophos Email Security Appliance, the fl ood of unwanted emails to the Centre’s employees has dried to a trickle. Download now
"Not only has the Sophos ES4000 almost completely rid our system of spam without generating false positives, but its remote monitoring and assistance has significantly reduced our maintenance workload."
Olivier Bielecki, Director of Information Systems, Pompidou Centre.
||Paris, France |
||Sophos Email Appliance, part of Email Security and Control|
- After upgrading its network infrastructure, the Pompidou Centre was dissatisfied with the performance of its gateway security.
- Email filtering was ineffective, and administration too complex for users to manage their own message quarantines, resulting in additional workload for the IT department.
- The Sophos Email Appliance was chosen in preference to a software solution because of its ease of management and installation.
- The managed appliance delivered superior email protection, supported by Sophos's remote monitoring and on-demand remote assistance.
- After testing with 30 IT staff, Sophos gateway protection was extended to cover all 1000 users.
- Spam levels were reduced dramatically, with some users seeing a drop from 200 to only two or three junk mails a day.
- Complaints about false positives disappeared, further reducing the load on the IT help desk.
- Quarantine management was successfully delegated to users.