"Results with the Sophos ES4000 have been excellent - our users say they no longer have a problem with spam."
Robert Cox, Messaging Service Team Leader, DaimlerChrysler UK
||3500 users in a network of 460 dealers|
||Sophos Email Appliance, part of Email Security and Control|
- The number of local websites in DaimlerChrysler's dealer network, and the visibility of their email addresses, increased the company's vulnerability to phishing and other attacks by spammers.
- The IT team needed to reduce both the amount of user complaints about spam and the high level of maintenance required by the company's existing email security solution.
- The company wanted a single-vendor solution from a trusted name with proven antivirus and anti-spam expertise.
Sophos ES4000 Email Appliance was chosen for its plug-and-play capability, ease of management and effectiveness.
- The ES4000 requires minimal maintenance and includes many of the benefits normally associated with a managed service.
- In just three weeks, the ES4000 blocked 100,000 more spam and malware emails than the previous solution, and quarantined an additional 800,000 spam messages.
- Reduced administration, together with lower licensing and support costs, will save DaimlerChrysler 25% in IT operating expenditure within three years.