Download Mount Pleasant Independent School District
Mount Pleasant Independent School District in Texas includes nine campuses and teaches over 5,000 students. With over 20,000 email messages being sent to the District each day, 35% of which are spam, reliable and cost-effective protection at the gateway is vital. The District selected the Sophos Email Security Appliance for its ease of use, simple deployment, and reliable protection from email-borne security threats. Download now
"I have not seen anything this simple in a long time. It took longer to get the appliance out of the box than to get it up and running."
Noe Arzate, Systems Administrator
- With limited time available to monitor email, and 750 Windows computers to protect, the District needed to integrate better protection into its existing multi-tier, multi-vendor security strategy.
- With a few simple clicks, the ES4000 appliance enables the systems administrator to see exactly what is happening with the District's email.
- The ES4000 also sends a "heartbeat" to Sophos every five minutes to report on protection status.
- Sophos Endpoint Security provides simple, centralized management throughSophos Enterprise Console. It detects viruses and spyware as well as adware and other potentially unwanted applications — and includes a client firewall to prevent intrusion and stop unauthorized application communication.
- Management and administration of gateway security has been simplified, freeing the systems administrator for other tasks.
- Sophos's integrated threat protection extends to desktops, stopping malware, hackers, and both unwanted and unauthorized applications, complementing the District's existing intrusion prevention system.