W32/Rbot-AKB is a network worm and IRC backdoor Trojan for the Windows platform.
W32/Rbot-AKB runs continuously in the background, providing a backdoor server which allows a remote intruder to gain access and control over the computer via IRC channels.
- to other network computers infected with: W32/Bagle and W32/MyDoom
- by copying itself to network shares protected by weak passwords
When first run W32/Rbot-AKB copies itself to <System>\WinUp.exe.
The following registry entries are created to run WinUp.exe on startup:
Registry entries are set as follows:
W32/Rbot-AKB includes functionality to:
- steal confidential information
- carry out DDoS flooder attacks
- provide a proxy server
- silently download, install and run new software, including other malicious executables