Upgrading to UTM 9.2
Sophos UTM 9.2 is all about increasing the speed of detection, scanning and administration to provide simple yet more effective security, even against the most advanced threats. Read the release notes.
- For optimal performance you will need a minimum of 2 GB of RAM for UTM 9.2.
- UTM 9.2 is only supported on systems with at least 1 GB of RAM.
NOTE: The Up2Date packages will be rolled out in stages to all UTMs starting at the beginning of April 2014. The UTMs to be updated are selected randomly and we continually add additional UTMs to the Up2Date system. If your UTM does not immediately show an Up2Date package, it is no cause for concern. The staged release is scheduled to run over several weeks. Should you want to update your system before the automatic notification, you can do a manual upgrade using the appropriate Up2Date package from our FTP server.
If you are currently running ASG version 8 and meet the hardware requirements, you can choose how to upgrade:
Option 1:Upgrade your system to the latest version 8.x, which includes an option to one-touch upgrade to UTM 9.0, then you can simply install the up2date packages from Webadmin (for Sophos UTM hardware appliances only)
Option 2: Install fresh from an ISO image on our FTP server and restore your backup to retain all your existing configuration.
Upgrading to UTM Endpoint Protection 9.2
UTM Endpoint Protection is automatically upgraded to the latest version as soon as it is released - customers do not need to take any action.
Upgrading to SG Series hardware appliances
SG Series appliances are supplied with a 30 day free trial license. You must install the new appliance and upgrade your license via MyUTM during the 30 day free trial period.
Each UTM appliance has a natural migration to a SG appliance:
- UTM 220 to SG 230
- UTM 320 to SG 330
- UTM 425 to SG 430
- Go to MyUTM and upgrade to the natural migration SG appliance. This may reduce the term of your existing subscription by a certain factor depending on the subscription.
- Review your new subscription end date and, providing you're happy with it, select Confirm.
To upgrade to a higher model e.g. from a UTM 220 to a SG 330, you need to follow a two-step process:
- Follow the steps above to upgrade to the natural migration SG appliance.
- Upgrade this SG appliance to the higher SG appliance via MyUTM.
Sophos UTM Smart Installer
Easily install the latest available image on your Sophos UTM gateway platforms.