This article provides information on the banner messages displayed in Sophos Cloud.
Applies to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Cloud banner messages
- You have reached your license limit...
When you are approaching your licensed number of users, the following message is displayed:
You have reached your license limit of X users. Please consider upgrading your license. [Upgrade].
The logic behind this decision is a client-side one and based on percentages of licenses remaining. I.e.
|Number of licensed users ||% of remaining licenses |
|1 - 10 ||30 |
|11 - 50 ||15 |
|51 - 100 ||10 |
|101 - 500 ||8 |
|501 - 1000 ||7 |
|1001 - 3000 ||5 |
|3001+ ||3 |
- The above messages are shown based on the number of Sophos Cloud users shown under 'Account' > 'Administration'.
- If you have recently added or deleted a user, the number of 'Current' users displayed on the 'Administration' page maybe out of sync with the number of Sophos Cloud users listed under 'Manage' > 'Users and Groups'. These numbers should sync after a few minutes.
- These banners cannot be dismissed.
What To Do
Follow the provided links as required to upgrade your license. If you believe you are seeing these messages in error:
- Check the number of Sophos Cloud users listed under 'Manage' > 'Users and Groups' is the same as shown under 'Account' > 'Administration'. If they are not, please wait 10 minutes before refreshing the page.
- If you have more Sophos Cloud users listed under 'Manage' > 'Users and Groups' than you expect, based on the number of users you are protecting, see article 119874 for guidance.