Version 1.4.8 of the Sophos Diagnose Utility for Windows appears to 'hang' just after it mentions the following in the 'Logs archived:' box.
First seen in
Sophos Diagnostic Utility (v1.4.8)
Sophos Diagnose will attempt to acquire a copy of the Group Policy applied to the computer, if the Domain Controller is unavailable this may take a long time to cancel.
You can use the following in a command prompt to determine if acquiring the Group Policy is the cause:
gpresult /R /Z
Typically Laptops that are off the Domain Network are most likely to suffer from this issue.
What To Do
Note: This article does not apply to previous versions of Sophos Diagnose.
- If Sophos Diagnose is currently running, click the Stop button on the 'Sophos Diagnose Utility - Collection' window.
- After a short while it will display the number of files collected, click OK.
- Click the top right close button to exit.
- Download sduconfig-noGP.txt and place it in the directory where you are running Sophos Diagnose from, if you have used sfx version then this location will be the following by default:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\Sophos Diagnostic Utility
C:\Program Files\Sophos\Sophos Diagnostic Utility
- Rename the existing
- Launch Sophos Diagnose and click Continue, it should now be able to acquire all of the log files for Sophos Support.