When installing the Sophos Control Center (SCC) you see a request to restart the computer - even though the computer has just been restarted.
First seen in
Sophos Control Center 4.0.0
What To Do
Note: We strongly recommend rebooting the computer in the normal way to clear all pending reboots. The instructions below are if you have tried multiple reboots and the prompt is not cleared. The instructions below use the registry editor. Read article 10388 (Editing the Windows registry) before continuing.
- Open the registry editor (Start | Run | Type:
regedit.exe | Press return).
- Browse to the key:
- Right-click the key and select 'Export' to back up the key to a safe location.
- On the right-hand side of the window locate the data value PendingFileRenameOperation.
- Right-click on the value, select modify and clear the contents of the value.
- Attempt to run the installer again.