The message "Software delivery failed" is displayed against a Sophos Update Manager (SUM). The LogViewer or SUMTrace logs contain the error:
[boost::filesystem::copy_file] The deployment to share 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sophos\Update Manager\Update Manager\CIDs\S000' failed to copy the RMS config files with the error: boost::filesystem::copy_file
First seen in
Sophos Update Manager
SUM is failing to copy the Sophos Remote Management System (RMS) configuration files cac.pem and mrinit.conf from the configured location. In a default install, SUM copies these files from 'C:\Program Files\Sophos\Update Manager\' ('C:\Program Files(x86)\Sophos\Update Manager\' on 64bit systems). These directories may be different depending on options chosen at installation time. If the mrinit.conf and/or cac.pem are not in the expected directories, SUM will report a deployment error. The LogViewer or Trace logs will show that the failure occured trying to write the RMS configuration files.
What To Do
- Navigate to the directory that SUM was installed to. By default, this will be 'C:\Program Files\Sophos\Update Manager\'. Open the file 'system.xml'.
- Search 'system.xml' for RMSCONFIGPATH
- Navigate to the path found under the heading RMSCONFIGPATH and confirm that the files mrinit.conf and cac.pem exist in this location.
- If either of the files are missing, copy them from 'C:\Program Files\Sophos\Enterprise Console\' to the location found under RMSCONFIGPATH.
- In Sophos Enterprise Console using the Update Managers view, right-click the SUM in question and select 'Update Now'. Confirm the error message is cleared after the update completes.