While attempting to view the Updating hierarchy report in Enterprise Console 4, you see the following error message:
Transient error while performing requested operation
The server has run out of memory
Clicking the Advanced button on the error dialog shows text similar to:
The XML parse error 0xc00ce505 occurred on line number 35, near the XML text " ----- [outer exception] -----
-- error: 0x829D0001
-- facility: Unknown
First seen in
Enterprise Console 4.0.0
Enterprise Console 4.5.0
What to do
Sophos Technical Support have developed a patch to be used to correct this issue.
Note: This patch can only be used on SQL 2005/2008 Express and SQL 2005/2008. If you are running SQL 2000 or MSDE with Sophos Enterprise Console 4, please contact technical support.
- Download the file HRepPatch.txt from Sophos.com and rename it to HRepPatch.sql.
- We recommend that you back up the SOPHOS4 database by typing the following command in a command prompt:
For help using this tool, please use the command "backupdb.bat /?"
- On the computer running the Sophos database, copy the sql file HRRepPatch.sql to %ProgramFiles%\sophos\enterprise console\DB\.
- Open a command prompt (Start | Run | cmd.exe) and type (press the enter key at the end of each line):
CD "%ProgramFiles%\sophos\enterprise console\DB\"
OSQL -E -S .\sophos -i HRepPatch.sql
Where ".\sophos" represents the local Sophos named instance: please adjust this command if the SOPHOS4 database is in a different instance.
- To test the patch has been applied successfully, in Enterprise Console, from the Tools menu, select Report Manager and select the Updating Hierarchy report. It should complete without error.
In certain circumstances the text to be processed when running the Hierarchy report exceeds the size of the allocated buffer. The text is truncated, resulting in invalid XML.
at __w64 long __thiscall ReportManagerDlg::OnRun(unsigned short,unsigned short,struct HWND__ *,int &)
at __w64 long __thiscall CMainFrame::OnEMReporter(unsigned short,unsigned short,struct HWND__ *,int &)
at int __cdecl Run(int,enum bl::ConsoleType::Type)
at int __stdcall wWinMain(struct HINSTANCE__ *,struct HINSTANCE__ *,wchar_t *,int)