While attempting to install Sophos Anti-Virus on a server running Windows 2003 SP2, installation fails with one or more of the following errors:
- Error 1310
- Error writing to file C:\Program Files\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Virus\Sophos Anti-Virus.URL.Verify that you have access to that directory.
- Internal error 2932.C:\windows\installer\****\internetshortcut.URL, 5
Known to affect the following Sophos product and version
Sophos Anti-Virus for Windows 2000+ 7.6.10
Windows 2003 SP2
The issue may be caused by the installation folder being Indexed by Windows.
What to Do
Create an exception for the Sophos Anti-Virus installation folder.
- Click Start | All Programs | Administrative Tools, and then click Computer Management.
- Expand the Services and Applications node | Indexing Service node | System node.
- Right-click the Directories folder, select New, and then click Directory to open the Add Directory dialog box.
- Locate the Sophos Anti-Virus directory. C:\Program Files\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Virus\
- Under the Include in Index? option, click No and then click OK to close.
- Close the Computer Management dialog box.
- Restart the Indexing Services service.
- Run the Sophos Anti-Virus installation program again.