One of the following errors is recorded in the latest ClientMRInit.exe (a program used by Sophos' Remote Management System (RMS)) log file (ClientMRInit-DATE-TIME.log) which located in the C:\Windows\Temp\ directory shows the following error:
New and old CA certificates do not match. Upgrading CA certificates is not allowed, uninstall RMS first.
- Message Router identity key do not match. Upgrading to new key.
- Managed Application identity key do not match. Upgrading to new key.
- Management Agent identity key do not match. Upgrading to new key.
First seen in
Sophos Anti-Virus for Windows 2000+
There is a mismatch between the mrinit.conf file, and/or cac.pem and what is currently set in the registry of the computer.
What To Do
Warning: Only perform the steps below on an endpoint computer. Do not perform them on the computer hosting your Sophos Management Server.
- If the Sophos Remote Management System (RMS) is installed on the endpoint computer (i.e., listed in Add/Remove Programs), uninstall it.
- Once RMS is uninstalled, remove the following registry keys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sophos\Remote Management System\
For 64 bit OS the keys will be under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sophos\Remote Management System
- Reprotect the client.
RMS should now install correctly.