To configure PureMessage to work with Oracle Communications Messaging Exchange Server, perform the steps described below.
What to do
Important: If you previously configured PureMessage to work with a version of Java Systems Messaging Server (JSMS) that uses the JSMS connector, you must first remove any settings on your mail transfer agent (MTA) server that reference the
- Install PureMessage with the following roles:
Do not install the Mail Transfer Agent role.
- Centralized Server Manager (CSM)
- Database Server
- Mail Filter
- Modify the port setting in the section of
port = inet:3366@<hostname>where <hostname> is the fully qualified hostname of the PureMessage server.
- If there are any references to "milter#Policy.smtp_talk_port" in
/opt/pmx/etc/pmx.conf, delete them.
- As the PureMessage user, run:
pmx-config active_mta jsms
pmx-config relay_use_header 0
- On the MTA server, add lines similar to the following to
option.dat (adjust paths as necessary):
- On the MTA server, create the
milter.opt file specified in the "spamfilter1_config_file" Line in step 3. Change the ownership of this file so that it is owned by the "mailsrv" user.
- Add the following lines to
HOST=<hostname>Ensure that the hostname specified here matches the setting in
imta.conf, add "destinationspamfilter1optin spam" to the "ims-ms" and "native" settings in the "part II: channel blocks" section. The edited lines should appear as follows:
ims-ms defragment subdirs 20 notices 1 7 14 21 28 backoff "pt5m" "pt10m" "pt30m" "pt1h" "pt2h"
"pt4h" maxjobs 2 pool IMS_POOL fileinto $U+$S@$D destinationspamfilter1optin spam
native defragment subdirs 20 maxjobs 1 destinationspamfilter1optin spam
- Reset the configuration and restart by running this command:
./imsimta cnbuild;./imsimta restart