This article explains how to edit the updating configuration of a managed endpoint - which by default is locked due to the central policy controlling it.
- We only recommend you unlock the local user interface for the updating details for testing purposes.
- If you alter the updating details the endpoint may report to the console 'Differs from policy' for the updating policy.
- If the central policy is re-applied the local updating details will be locked and set as defined in the central policy.
Applies to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Endpoint Security and Control
What To Do
- On the endpoint computer, according to which operating system you are running, navigate to one of the following:
- for Windows 2000/2003/XP:
C:\Program Files\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Config\ folder
- for Vista and higher:
- Using 'Notepad', open the
- Find the line
AllowLocalConfig = 0
- Change the
- Save the
- Close 'Notepad'
- In the 'System Tray' right-click the Sophos shield.
- Select the 'Open Endpoint Security and Control' option.
- From the home screen, under the 'Updating' section, select the 'Configure updating' option.
You can now change the updating address and the user name and associated password.
For general troubleshooting be advised that:
- In the 'Primary location' tab ensure the path entered is can be browsed from the local endpoint computer - copy and paste into the run box (Start | Run) if required.
- Ensure that the credentials of a user account entered has at least read access to the share you browsed to above.
Note: When you browse to the share in the above step you are accessing the share as your logged on account and not as the user account entered into the updating details.