In PureMessage for Microsoft Exchange, version 3.0.x, running the scheduled task, Sophos-PureMessage-ReportDataDumpTask whilst running Backup Exec, or any other backup software, can cause the backups to take longer than anticipated.
Sophos product and version
PureMessage for Microsoft Exchange, version 3.0.x
- This Scheduled task writes information to the database to make it available to run reports against, from the PureMessage Console.
- This task writes information to the database once per minute by default, but can be changed for convenience.
- You need to be aware that if you change the frequency of the scheduled task and run a report, then the information may be out of date by the frequency of the task.
What to do
To change the frequency:
- In Task scheduler, right-click the Sophos-PureMessage-ReportDataDumpTask and select properties.
- Select the schedule tab and change the frequency here.