The blue Sophos shield in the system tray displays a white-cross on a red-circle. PureMessage stops scanning e-mails.
When you check the log files (right-click the Sophos shield, select Configure updating|Logging|View log files) you see the error
Error 0x8066020f .Fail to initialise spam rules in the Autoupdate log
Sophos product and version
PureMessage for Microsoft Exchange 2.6.1
What to do
- Open Windows Services, and stop the following services
- Go to the folder C:\Program Files\Sophos\Autoupdate\data\warehouse and delete its contents.
- Rename the file status.xml to status.old
- Go to the folder C:\Program Files\Sophos\Autoupdate\Cache and delete its contents.
- Open Windows Services, and restart the following services
- Right click the Sophos shield and select 'Update now'.