Standalone install of Sophos Anti-Virus is not updating with latest IDE files.
First seen in
Sophos Anti-Virus for Windows 2000+
The contents of the C:\Program Files\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Cache folder has been deleted and an update run, but the Cache folder will not re-populate.
What To Do
- Locate the file called status.xml. This can be found at the following path:
- Rename this file to .old.
- Run the update again. It will now pull down the latest IDE files.
- Check to see if it has populated the C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Cache\ directory. If the cache is still empty proceed to Step 2.
- Delete the contents of the 'Warehouse' folder, located:
- Run another update and the 'Warehouse' folder will re-populate as will the Cache folder.