When installing Sophos Anti-Virus, during the installation of the Remote Management System (RMS) component, the following error is displayed:
Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.
What to do
- Copy the files cac.pem and mrinit.conf from the Central Installation Directory (CID) to the Remote Management System folder.
- Re-run the installation, if RMS still fails to install, continue with step 3.
- Open the Client MRInit log.
Amongst the entries there, you may see lines similar to the following:
15.06.2007 10:10:51 0E88 I No CA certificate present in initialisation file. Using previously configured certificate.
14.06.2007 17:43:01 0BD0 I Found matching address for this computer: 'IPAddress'
14.06.2007 17:43:01 0BD0 E Unable to determine a parent address for Message Relay
- These errors indicate that the cac.pem file located in the CID is corrupt. In which case do the following:
- On a computer that is successfully managed from the Enterprise Console access the following location:- C:\Program Files\Sophos\Remote Management System
- Within this folder are two files:- mrinit.conf and cac.pem
- Copy these two files across to the client that is displaying the error and place them in the same folder location:- C:\Program Files\Sophos\Remote Management System. If the folder is not listed create it.
- Once done right-click on the shield icon and select 'Update now'.
- After the update has completed check whether the Remote Management System has been installed.
RMS should now install without any problems.
Once you are satisfied that it has installed correctly, at the server level replace the files mrinit.conf and cac.pem with the working versions.