This article describes how to update your current APNS certificate in order to further use it with Sophos Mobile Control (SMC).
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Mobile Control
What To Do
The process of renewing an APNS certificate is nearly the same as the one used to create one.
You will require the APNS Certificate Wizard.exe which can be downloaded from here: http://downloads.sophos.com/tools/APNs%20Certificate%20Wizard.exe
As of SMC 3.0, it can also be downloaded via the iOS APNS tab in the SMC web management.
- Start the APNS Certificate Wizard by double-clicking the .exe file. The APNS Customer Welcome dialog is shown.
- The Create CSR dialog opens.
- Enter your Company Name and your Country code (e.g. US). These fields are mandatory.
Note: Below these fields, the dialog shows where all data of the process is stored. Make a note of this information.
- Click Next. The Upload PLIST dialog is displayed.
- In this step, you upload the Certificate Signing Request to Apple - follow the instructions in the dialog.
NOTE: DO NOT use Internet Explorer to open the Apple site as this may cause problems. Use Firefox, Chrome or Safari. We recommend you use the current browser version.
- Open the Apple site indicated in the dialog in your browser, do this by clicking the displayed link or copying and pasting the link.
- Log in with the Apple ID you used during the creation of your initial APNS Certificate.
- In the overview of the Apple Push Certificates Portal, click "Renew" next to the certificate you want to renew. This should be your Sophos Mobile Control APNS certificate.
- Go to the Upload PLIST dialog in the APNS Certificate Wizard, from here you can find the filename and path for the Certificate Signing Request.
- Browse to your Certificate Signing Request (*.plist) and click Upload. This will update your Apple Push certificate.
- Save the certificate file (MDM_Sophos Limited_Certificate.pem) in the directory indicated in the Upload PLIST dialog.
NOTE: DO NOT rename the pem-file.
- Click Next.
- The Create P12 dialog is displayed. From here, you create your updated APNS Certificate for Sophos Mobile Control. Enter a password for the updated APNs certificate.
- You will need this password later when you upload the .P12 certificate file to Sophos Mobile Control.
- The Create P12 dialog shows the directory the certificate will be stored in. Make a note of this information.
- Click Next. The Sophos Mobile Control APNS Certificate Wizard 'finished' dialog is displayed.
- Click Finish.
- Log in to the Sophos Mobile Control web management using an administrative account.
Note: If you have several tenants / customers on your SMC server you have to upload the new certificate for all of them.
- In the Sophos Mobile Control web management, click the Settings button and go to the iOS APNS tab.
- Browse for the .P12 certificate file you have created. Enter your password and click Upload.
After the file has been uploaded successfully, a confirmation message is displayed.
- Click Save.