All iOS devices in Sophos Mobile Control stop syncing, and you are unable to send commands to them via the Sophos Mobile Control console. This happens after the APNs file is renewed or altered.
First seen in
Sophos Mobile Control
This can happen if the APNs certificate has recently been replaced or altered within the Sophos Mobile Control console
What To Do
If you see this error, it can be resolved by one of the following methods.
Upload the old APNS certificate which has been used previously if this still exists / is valid. If the file requires updating do as follows:
- Go to https://identity.apple.com/pushcert/ and log in with your iDEP Apple ID that you used to create your existing APNs certificate. You can now see the MDM certificates already migrated by Apple.
- Perform the following tasks. If you need help on individual steps, refer to the section "Getting your APNs Certificate for Sophos Mobile Control" in the Mobile Control Installation guide.
- Create a CSR. (This can be done using the APNS-Wizard) - which you can download from here: http://downloads.sophos.com/tools/APNs%20Certificate%20Wizard.exe
- Let Sophos sign the CSR. (This can be done using the APNs-Wizard)
- Click the Renew button and upload the signed CSR.
- Download the certificate.
- Convert the APNs Certificate for Sophos Mobile Control (This can be done using APNs-Wizard)
If the above steps do not work, follow Method 2 to get the client syncing again.
Re-register all the devices that are currently not able to synchronize. This will provide them with the new APNs information.