This article describes how to assign Volume Purchase codes to an iOS software package within Sophos Mobile Control (SMC).
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Mobile Control as a Service 3.5
Sophos Mobile Control as a Service 3.0
Sophos Mobile Control 3.5
Sophos Mobile Control 3.0
What To Do
In order to assign Volume Purchase Codes you must be in possession of a file which lists the purchase codes for the app you want to distribute.
This file can be download after you purchased an app via the Apple Volume Purchase Program.
To use these codes in combination with Sophos Mobile Control, follow the steps below.
- Create a new software package for your iOS devices.
- Enter a name for the software package.
- Enter the version of the software package.
- Select the iOS versions for which this package should be available.
- Choose "Link to package" and enter the link to the iOS app.
If you do not have the respective link yet you can use the iTunes Link Maker.
- Click the "Save" icon to save the changes.
- The overview of the software packages is displayed.
- Click the "Edit" pencil icon next to the created software package. The edit view is displayed.
- Press the "Show" button next to "VPP codes".
- Here you have the possibility to upload the file for the VPP codes.
- Press the "Browse" button to select the VPP codes file.
- Press the "Upload" button.
- After the file is uploaded, press the "Apply" button.
- Press the "Save" button to keep your changes.
From now on whenever the app is deployed to a device the next code stored in the file will be used.
Note: The VPP code is only used if the app is pushed via the server. The VPP settings are ignored if the app should be installed from the "Required" or "Recommended" apps tab of the SMC iOS Client app.