This article explains how to synchronize an iOS device with your Sophos Mobile Control server.
A sync might be required e.g. if company mails could not be received anymore because the last synchronization is too long ago.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Mobile Control as a Service 3.5
Sophos Mobile Control as a Service 3.0
Sophos Mobile Control as a Service 2.5.0
Sophos Mobile Control 3.6
Sophos Mobile Control 3.5
Sophos Mobile Control 3.0
Sophos Mobile Control 2.5.0
What To Do
To manually synchronize your iOS device with the Sophos Mobile Control server, there are two possibilities.
1. Start the synchronization using the Sophos Mobile Control app on oyur iOS device.
- Open the Sophos Mobile Control app on your iOS device
- Press the 'Synchronize now' button
- The device will now contact the server and initiate a full synchronization.
2. Start the synchronization using the Self Service Portal of your Sophos Mobile Control server
(Prerequisite: The device must be assigned to you / registered using the Self Service Portal and your administrator must have activated this task)
- Open your Self Service Portal.
- Log in with your personal credentials.
- Click on the affected device
- From the drop down list, select 'Refresh data'
- Select the 'Perform' button
This will trigger a synchronization of your device with the server if it can be reached by the Apple Push Notification Servers.