This article describes how to disable / hide functions of operating systems e.g. Windows Mobile which are not used.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Mobile Control 3.6
Sophos Mobile Control 3.5
Sophos Mobile Control 3.0
What To Do
In order to disable these functions go to the Sophos Mobile Control (SMC) web management of your server. Then follow the steps below.
- Log in to the SMC web management with an account having administrative privileges
- Click "Settings" in the menu on the left hand side
- On the "Personal" tab you now have a list of activated platforms
- Clear the checkbox for the platforms you want to deactivate
- Press the "Save" icon after your configuration is finished
Now, the not required functionalities are hidden for this user and are not displayed anymore.
Please note: This setting is not a general setting. It is a setting defined per user. If there are other administrative users having access to the SMC web management they have to perform the same steps in order to hide unused functionality.