The 2.0.3 'Patch' for Sophos Mobile Control 2.0 offers a tool, the IPA Tool, which can be used to simplify the distribution of IPA files to iOS devices.
This article explains how to use that tool.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Mobile Control 2.0.3
What To Do
In order to use the IPA Tool, you must ensure that you have the 2.0.3 patch installed.
- From the SMC downloads page, if you have not already done so, download the update file
smc_203_update_sfx.exe. Then download the IPA Tool
smc_11_ipa_sfx.exe to your Sophos Mobile Control (SMC) Server. You may also wish to download the System Property checker
- Open to the IPA Tool, and start the tool by running the file "run.bat".
- Leave the opening command box open, and wait for the user interface to be displayed. (This should only take a few seconds.)
- Click the "Select IPA" button to load your IPA file. The tool will show the file name and the identifier.
- After the file has loaded, click the "Publish" button. This will copy the IPA file to a publically available folder on the SMC Server, generate a plist file, and create a link to this plist file.
- Copy that link by using the last of the three buttons.
- Log in to your SMC Web interface.
- Create a new Installation Package.
- Give the package a name and version, and select the compatible Client OS.
- Paste the link from the IPA Tool into the link field at the bottom.
- Save the new package.
- This package can now be distributed to the iOS devices.