When you create a task bundle, you can choose from a number of tasks.
This article describes what these tasks are used for.
First seen in
Sophos Mobile Control as a Service 2.5.0
Sophos Mobile Control 2.5.0
Sophos Mobile Control 2.0
For each platform, you can define different tasks.
iOS related tasks
- IOSMDMBootstrap: Base configuration to enable communication with SMC server. If the task bundle is going to be used for SSP, this must always be the inital task.
- IOSMDMProfileTransfer: Task to send configuration profiles (.mobileconfig).
- IOSMDMProfielRemoval: Task to remove a configuration profile (.mobileconfig) by specifying an app identifier.
- IOSMDMProvisioningProfileTransfer: Used to transfer provisioning profiles which are required by self developed applications.
- IOSMDMProvisioningProfileRemoval: Can be used to remove provisioning profiles.
Android & Windows Mobile related tasks
- MDMAgentInstall: Used to deploy the SMC client application to the Android or Windows Mobile device. If the task bundle is going to be used for SSP, this must always be the inital task.
- SoftwareInstall: Task to install software packages on the device.
- CommandBundelTransfer: Can be used to send a command bundle with several commands to the device. Those bundles can be defined in the "Command bundles" section.
Windows Mobile related tasks:
- WinMobileProfileTransfer: Task to provide Windows Mobile profiles which can be defined in the section "Configurations -> Windows Mobile -> Profiles".
Platform independent tasks:
- TextSms: Can be used to send an SMS to the user's device.
For more information about Task bundles, refer to chapter 15 of the Mobile Control Administrator Guide.