This article details how to deploy android software packages , commonly known as apk files to managed Android devices using Sophos Mobile Control.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Mobile Control 2.0
What To Do
Step 1. Define and upload Android package for distribution
- Log into Sophos Mobile Control Self Service Web Portal
- Select Software package | Click + | Add desired package details
- Click Browse | select the .apk file | click Upload | select all available Android versions including "Android---" | click Save
Step 2. Select and schedule Android package for distribution
- Select Install | select the device | select software package
- Select the execution date | configure desired settings. Note: The enforce check box does not notify if the application is uninstalled, if the enforce check box is checked the software will be installed whether or not it is already installed.
If it is not checked it will not install the software if it is already installed.
- Click the lightning bolt icon