This article describes how to backup and restore the Sophos Mobile Control (SMC) Server.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Mobile Control
What To Do
1. Create a backup
In order to create a full backup of the Sophos Mobile Control (SMC) Server, do as follows:
- Create a full backup of the Sophos Mobile Control database that you created during the installation.
You can do this using the "Microsoft SQL Management Studio" features.
- Backup the folders
- If you are using a self-signed certificate, you also have to back up the folder "\tools\Wizard\certs" as well.
After you have performed these two steps, you have a full backup of your current Sophos Mobile Control configuration.
2. Restore your installation to a new Server
- Install a new Server.
- Install Java JDK components.
- Depending on your SQL Installation: Install SQL Express or make sure your SQL Server is available.
- Restore your Database to the SQL Express.
- Install and configure SMC using the restored/existing SQL Database. Do not start the SMC Service at the end of the installation.
- If you were using a self-signed certificate, you have to use the certificate located in the backed up cert folder.
- Restore the files backed up before to the same location they were backed up from.
- Start the SMC Service (SMCSRV).