You do not need to install on a mobile phone, or pocket PC, to evaluate Sophos Mobile Security for Windows Mobile. You can run an initial evaluation using the Microsoft Standalone Device Emulator for Windows Mobile.
What to do
Install the emulator and ActiveSync as described on the pages linked to below:
- Download the following files from the Microsoft website:
- Install the Device Emulator from the file V1Emulator.zip as described on the download page.
- Install netsvwrap.msi.
- Then run efp.msi, and install the Windows Mobile 5.0 MSFP OS image.
- Install ActiveSync 4.2.
Start and cradle the device emulator:
- Click Start|All Programs|Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 MSFP Emulator Images|device Emulator Manager.
- Click 'Refresh'.
- Select the device emulator from the list of 'Available Emulators'.
- Click Actions|Cradle.
ActiveSync should automatically detect the emulator. Check that synchronization is working correctly.
Install Sophos Mobile Security as described in the startup guide.