Following the installation of Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, service pack 2 (WSS SP2) onto a computer running Sophos for Microsoft SharePoint, the SharePoint configuration wizard fails. You will need to be able to run this configuration wizard after installing WSS SP2.
You may see the following message:
One or more configuration settings failed. Completed configuration settings will not be rolled back. Resolve the problem and run this configuration wizard again.
[Further detail is displayed in the message]
Click Finish to close this wizard.
The configuration log, located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\LOGS\PSCDiagnostics_ ... .log may show entries which include text similar to:
05/13/2009 15:21:01 8 ERR Task upgradebootstrap has failed with an unknown exception
ALTER DATABASE statement failed.
Sophos product and version
Sophos for Microsoft SharePoint
What to do
- In Windows Services stop the Sophos for SharePoint services, these are:
- Sophos for Microsoft SharePoint
- Sophos for Microsoft SharePoint Worker
- Sophos for Microsoft SharePoint Scanner
- Sophos for Microsoft SharePoint Content Extractor
- Run the WSS configuration wizard again.
The Sophos for SharePoint services use the SharePoint databases and are not stopped automatically by the SharePoint Configuration wizard.