This article explains how to expand the resources on a virtual web appliance.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product and version
Sophos Web Appliance Virtual
What To Do
When expanding the resources on a web appliance these should be increased in line with our sizing guide. Additional resources may not be utilised if the exact values listed below are not met.
|Pre-defined profiles |
|Single User ||Small ||Medium ||Large |
|Capacity ||1 user ||400 users ||750 users ||1,200 users |
|Recommended CPU ||1 ||2 ||2 ||4 |
|Recommended RAM ||1 GB ||2 GB ||4 GB ||8 GB |
|Recommended disk storage ||41 GB ||120 GB ||160 GB ||250 GB |
To increase the resources available to the appliance please follow the steps below:
- Power off the virtual machine
- Under the virtual machine settings, edit the hardware resources in strict accordance with the table above
- Power on the virtual machine
- Within the shell displayed for the appliance image, select '4. Check for increased disk space'
- Confirm the warning 'The system will reboot twice to complete the process'
After both reboots have completed your system will now utilise the set resources.