You are experiencing issues on your server. One of the following may be occurring:
- The C:\Program Files\Sophos\AutoUpdate\data\channels folder on your PureMessage for Microsoft Exchange server may contain an excessive amount of data.
- A red cross may also be visible on the Sophos shield, indicating a failed download.
- There may also be a noticeable increase in download volume.
- The Sophos AutoUpdate log may list an error such as
The manifest for Sophos PureMessage is invalid.
- In the PureMessage Console, you may see an error such as
package authentication failed or
ManifestCheck: invalid package:invalid manifest: [VE_BADCERT]: 7" Error in Updating logs for PureMessage spam rules update.
Sophos product and version
PureMessage for Microsoft Exchange, version 3.x
What to do
- Delete all files in the C:\Program Files\Sophos\AutoUpdate\data\channels folder which are older than 6 hours.
- Do one of the following according to whether the server is managed or not managed
- If the server is managed by the Enterprise Console or Sophos Control Center:
- Check that downloads are working.
- Re-protect the server running PureMessage.
- If the server is not managed by the Enterprise Console or Sophos Control Center, i.e. it collects its updates directly from Sophos:
- Download the standalone version of Sophos Anti-Virus from http://www.sophos.com/en-us/support/downloads.aspx
- Install this on the PureMessage server.
This issue may indicate that there are other updating issues on your network which need to be addressed. Please check that the latest version of Sophos Anti-Virus is installed on your managed computers.
This issue may be caused by recent changes to the certificate used to sign Sophos files. Installing the standalone version of Sophos Anti-Virus on your server installs the latest version of Sophos AutoUpdate component.