Alerts with the following error are recorded in the event log many times each second:
Reporting Data could not be written to the database at this time - error 0x80040e14
Sophos product and version
PureMessage for Microsoft Exchange 3.0.1
This issue can be caused by a problem with the 'SavexRprt' database from an earlier install, running on MSDE.
What to do
The following provide the most likely solutions to this issue.
- Upgrade existing MSDE database to SQL Server Express 2005
- Un-install PureMessage, drop the database, and re-install PureMessage:
- Using 'Add/Remove Programs' uninstall PureMessage 3.0.
- Open a command prompt and type:
osql -S .\sophos -E -Q "drop database savexrprt"
- Press 'Enter'. The database is dropped.
- Re-install PureMessage 3.0. During installation it should automatically re-connect to the database.