On the server on which PureMessage for Windows/Exchange or Sophos PureMessage SBE is installed, the folder C:\Program Files\Sophos\AutoUpdate\data\warehouse, may periodically contain up to 1GB of data.
This happens because the folder purge interval is set to 7 days (folder purge interval is the frequency with which unwanted files are removed from the folder). PureMessage does not allow you to change this interval.
What to do
- If the server has sufficient hard disk space, and you are not concerned about the 'warehouse' folder reaching this size, then you do not need to take any action. The folder will be purged every 7 days.
- If the server does not have sufficient hard disk space or if you wish to decrease the folder purge interval, perform the following workaround. This workaround requires you to download a VBS script from Sophos, and run it on your server at regular, specified times. This script will purge unwanted files from the 'warehouse' folder.
WARNING: Under no circumstances should you attempt to edit or modify the script file supplied by Sophos.
- From the Sophos website download the VBS script.
- Save the file to a convenient location, renaming it as
- Create a Windows scheduled task. Schedule the task to run the VBS script, on a regular basis, at a time and interval that is convenient.
This issue will be addressed in a future version of the Sophos AutoUpdate component of Sophos Anti-Virus.