After PureMessage for Microsoft Exchange has been uninstalled the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service will not start, resulting in failure to access the Information Store.
Starting the service, will generate an event log of either one of two errors:
1. ID 9565 with the following message:
Invalid virus scanner configuration. Unable to start virus scanner
2. ID 9564 with this message:
Error 0x3ee starting the Microsoft Exchange Information Store. Failed to init VSERVER.
The DWORD value "ENABLED" in the following key is still set to 1 causing the service to attempt to load a DLL of the anti-virus product, however PureMessage has been uninstalled and the anti-virus product is not present.
What To Do
- Open the Windows Registry Editor and create a backup of the registry
- Browse to the following key:
- Change the DWORD entry "Enabled" to value "0"
- Close the Windows Registry Editor
- Start the The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service