You can install a PureMessage for Windows/Exchange console on a computer that is not running the services. More than one console can be used for administration. The configuration used will be the one most recently applied, regardless of the console used.
What to do
- At the computer where you want to install the console, run the PureMessage setup program.
- In the 'Select Features' dialog box, deselect 'Service' but leave 'Administration Console' selected.
- In the 'Choose Destination Location' dialog box, select a folder.
- In the 'Select Program Folder' dialog box, specify the folder where program icons will be placed.
- In the 'PureMessage Client' dialog box, add the current user to the administrators of PureMessage (the default) or specify the group by clicking the drop-down arrow in the 'Group Name' text box and selecting a group.
- In the server selection message box, enter the details of the computer where you installed the PureMessage services.
- The PureMessage console is displayed and a shortcut is added to your desktop.
See the PureMessage for Windows/Exchange installation guide for details.