You can remove Windows optional components, for example Windows games, by using the Windows Component Wizard.
What to do
Before performing either of the following procedures, turn off on-access application control scanning on every computer from which you want to block and remove these components. When you have completed the procedure, ensure that you re-start on-access application control scanning on those computers where you switched it off.
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Select 'Add or Remove Programs'.
- Select 'Windows Component Wizard', and follow the on-screen instructions.
Alternatively, you can use the command line to remove components, in which case you must use the command line tool sysocmgr.exe. Full details of how to use sysocmgr.exe are given on the Microsoft website.
As an example, in order to remove games:
- In Notepad, create a file with the following lines:
- Save this new file as remgames.txt.
sysocmgr /i:%windir%\inf\sysoc.inf /u:c:\remgames.txt /q /r