The following error messages may be reported by Sophos Anti-Virus for Windows to Enterprise Console:
Invalid local IOR
Incorrect local networking configuration
This means the Sophos Remote Management System (RMS) cannot use the local networking in its current configuration. It is usually caused by a local configuration issue.
- an unplugged network cable. (Windows will disable many networking services if it detects that no network card is connected.)
- a faulty network cable
- all network adapters have been disabled.
This problem may also be mentioned in the Sophos Network Communications Report.
What to do
Check the following:
- that the network is available
- any warnings by the icons in the 'Network Connections' section of the Windows Control Panel
- your network cables
- your adapter configuration.
IOR (Interoperable Object Reference) is a reference to a CORBA object; it contains information needed by CORBA to establish communications between CORBA objects and their clients. This information includes the IP address of the computer and is generated by the Remote Management System (RMS) router at startup, based on the TCP/IP configuration. Should the IOR contain a loopback address, this exception is caught to prevent further problems.