Sophos Anti-Rootkit is a tool for removing rootkits, and cleaning up any malicious files. Rootkits are programs designed to conceal the presence of an application on a computer by hiding processes, files, configuration information, network traffic or other observable information from a user.
- Both Windows graphical user interface (GUI) and command line versions are available.
- Sophos Anti-Rootkit can be run on a computer that has an anti-virus product currently installed on it.
When should you use Sophos Anti-Rootkit?
- When a malware infection is detected on a system
- If you are a network administrator wanting to perform a rootkit audit of your network
- If your network's security patches are not up to date, or are not well maintained
- When installing Sophos Anti-Virus onto a computer for the first time