If you are running Sophos Anti-Virus for Macintosh OS X, version 8 or 9, on a client computer and you suspect that any of the following apply:
- not all of the IDE files have been downloaded
- there are issues with some of the Sophos Anti-Virus files
- a config file in the CID has been changed
you may want to force an update on the client computer.
Sophos product and version
Sophos Anti-Virus for Macintosh OS X
What to do
- To force an update you will need to remove the file
/Library/Caches/com.sophos.sau/CID/cidsync.updTo remove this file run the following command as the root user:
mac# sudo rm -f /Library/Caches/com.sophos.sau/CID/cidsync.upd
- Manually start an update, by doing one of the following:
- Right-click the Sophos shield and select 'Update Now'
- Run the command
sophosupdate from the Terminal