Standalone install of Sophos Anti-Virus is not updating with latest IDE files.
Sophos product and version
Sophos Anti-Virus for Windows 2000+
Windows 2000 Server SP4
Windows 2003 Server Standard
The contents of the C:\Program Files\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Cache folder has been deleted and an update run, but the Cache folder will not re-populate.
What to do
- Locate the file called status.xml. This can be found in C:\Program Files\Sophos\AutoUpdate\data\Status.
- Rename this file to .old.
- Run the update again. It will now pull down the latest IDE files.
- Check to see if it has populated the C:\Program Files\Sophos\AutoUpdate\cache directory. If the cache is still empty proceed to Step 2.
- Delete the contents of the 'Warehouse' folder, which should be in C:\Program Files\Sophos\AutoUpdate\data\warehouse.
- Run another update and the 'Warehouse' folder will re-populate as will the Cache folder.