The Sophos Diagnostic Utility (SDU) collects vital system information as well as log files for all Sophos products that are installed on the computer.
The instructions below describe how to run the Diagnose utility on a Sophos Secure Virtual Machine (SSVM) and send the results to Sophos Technical Support.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Anti-Virus for VMware vShield
What To Do
- Using the Windows machine to which the SSVM installation was extracted, create a file called
diagnose.config in the same location as the 'ssvmtool.bat'. By default this is:
diagnose.config using Notepad and copy the following lines into the file:
Replace the '<>' entries with your own server details. See the 'Further Information' section at the bottom of this article for a full example.
All of the terms/switches used above are explained in full in the Sophos Anti-Virus for VMware vShield startup guide.
- Save and close the file.
- From a command prompt, browse to the location of
- Run the following command:
- As prompted, enter in the passwords for the administrator accounts.
- The output on screen will show you where the logs are saved. By default this will be in:
- You can now send the resulting files to Sophos support here.
An example of a complete
diagnose.config is shown below:
See the Sophos Anti-Virus for VMware vShield startup guide for more detailed descriptions of the above config entries.