Sophos Anti-Virus for Windows 2000+ allows you to browse your network from the Sophos Anti-Virus window and, from here, configure and run an immediate scan or set up a scheduled scan. You can see and scan mapped network drives and UNC paths.
To scan whole computers, use a scheduled scan from Enterprise Console.
To delete, move or disinfect files, you must use an account with sufficient rights over the resource.
What to do
- In Sophos Anti-Virus window, click 'Set up a new scan' to display the scan setup page.
- In the 'Scan name' field, type a name for the scan.
- In the 'Items to scan' panel, browse to the drives and folders you want to scan. To select a drive or folder, click the check box to the left it.
- If you want to configure the scan further, click 'Configure this scan'.
- You can now choose:
- to run the scan immediately. Click 'Save and start'. This also saves the scan.
- to schedule the scan to run at another time. Click 'Schedule this scan' and complete the 'Schedule scan' dialog box. You will be prompted to enter a valid username and password in the scheduled scan options box; this user must have access to the shared resources you want to scan.