How to verify whether the Web Filtering feature in Endpoint Security and Control / Endpoint Protection is working
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Endpoint Security and Control 10.0
Sophos Anti-Virus for Windows 2000+ 9.5.0
Sophos Anti-Virus for Windows 2000+
What To Do
- Verify that the Web Filtering feature is enabled in the endpoint GUI (Configure | Anti-Virus |Web Protection).
- Ensure that LSP is correctly registered by opening a command prompt and running one of the following commands:
- For Endpoint Security and Control v.9.5
"C:\Program Files\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Virus\Web Intelligence\swi_lsp_installer.exe" -pThe list should contain two entries named Sophos Web Intelligence LSP
- For Endpoint Protection v.10 The list should contain two entries named Sophos Web Intelligence IFSLSP
netsh winsock show catalog
The list should contain two entries named Sophos Web Intelligence IFSLSP
n.b. For Windows 2000 machines please run the following command
"C:\Program Files\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Virus\Web Intelligence\swi_lsp32_util.exe" -p
- Run "services.msc" and verify that the Sophos Web Intelligence service is running (Started)
- Run one of the supported browsers and browse to http://sophostest.com/malware/index.html.
If the feature is working correctly the page should be blocked and the following warning should be shown:
High Risk Website Blocked
Site: [domain name]
Access has been blocked as the threat [threat name] has been found on this website.