TrueCrypt creates virtual encrypted devices. By default, the encrypted containers and/or encrypted devices are mounted as fixed drives. You are given the option to mount them as removable drives if necessary.
- Sophos Data Control will only check files on the TrueCrypt virtual device if it is mounted as a removable drive. It will not check any files if the device is mounted as a fixed drive.
- Sophos Device control does not support TrueCrypt. (For a list of supported devices refer to the knowledgebase article Devices supported by Sophos Device Control.)
What to do
To ensure that the TrueCrypt virtual device is subject to Sophos Data Control, do as follows.
- In the TrueCrypt window, select Settings|Preferences. The TrueCrypt - Preferences window opens.
- Check 'Mount volumes as removable media'. Click OK.
- In the TrueCrypt window, click 'Mount', then click 'Mount Options'. The TrueCrypt - Mount Options window opens.
- Check 'Mount volume as removable medium', click OK.