This article describes how to find out which version of Sophos Anti-Virus is running on your Linux/Unix platforms.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Anti-Virus for Unix
Sophos Anti-Virus for Linux
What To Do
1. To find the major version, i.e. version 4, 7 or 9:
Check to see which of the following folder/file structures is on your computer:
- If you have /usr/local/sav directory which contains *.vdb and *.ide files, you are running version 4.
- If you have /opt/sophos-av, you are running either version 7 or 9.
In this case, to determine whether it is v 7 or 9, run the command:
The default install path for the product is as follows:
- Version 4: /usr/local
- Version 7 and 9: /opt/sophos-av
2. To find the point version:
- If you have v 4, run the command
/usr/local/bin/sweep --version and check "Product Version".
- If you have v 7 or 9, run the command
/opt/sophos-av/bin/savdstatus --version and check "Sophos Anti-Virus":