Problems can be encountered with Sophos Anti-Virus for NetApp Storage Systems if it is used in conjunction with the Windows Firewall on Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 (SP2). When attempts are made to access files on the NetApp filer by other computers, access to every file on the NetApp filer will be denied. The NetAppfiler console will display error messages similar to those below, saying that the filer was unable to connect to the virus scanner.
Fri Nov 19 09:17:56 GMT [CIFSVScan:warning]: CIFS - Error connecting to server HUB.
Fri Nov 19 09:17:56 GMT [CIFSVScan:info]: Connection with \\HUB terminated
Fri Nov 19 09:17:56 GMT [CIFSVScan:warning]: Virus Scanner: pipe_CreatePipe failed [0x000005e]
Fri Nov 19 09:17:56 GMT [CIFSVScan:info]: CIFS: Disconnecting from virus scanner 10.44.100.43.
Fri Nov 19 09:17:56 GMT [CIFSVScan:warning]: CIFS: Virus scanning is enabled but no clients are registered as virus scanners.
If you intend using the Windows Firewall on a Windows XP computer running Sophos Anti-Virus for NetApp Storage Systems, ensure that the Windows Firewall will not block incoming network connections for File and Printer Sharing and for Microsoft Management Console programs and services.
What to do
In the system tray
- double-click the Windows Security Center icon
- scroll down to 'Manage security settings for:'
- select 'Windows Firewall'
- click the Exceptions tab
- click 'Add Program'
- click 'Browse' and browse to C:\WINDOWS\system32\mmc.exe
- click 'OK' to add it to the list of programs for exclusion
- click 'OK' to return to the Exceptions tab
- in 'Programs and Services', select 'File and Printer Sharing' and check that 'mmc' is also selected
- click OK.
Ensure that Sophos Anti-Virus for Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 is functioning correctly with the Windows Firewall.
Also, ensure that the checkboxes for the following programs and services are selected in the Exceptions tab of the control panel for the Windows Firewall:
- File and Printer Sharing
- Microsoft Management Console.