With Sophos Anti-Virus for NetApp Storage Systems, if the output from the NetApp filer states that an anti-virus server was registered and then immediately unregistered, this might be because either
- on-access scanning or
- the Sophos Anti-Virus for NetApp service
are not running on the anti-virus server.
What to do
On-access scanning not running
To check this, on the anti-virus server, locate the lightning flash icon in the system tray.
- The icon should be red.
- Its tool tip should say 'InterCheck (Active)'.
If on-access scanning is not running, start it as follows:
- Double-click the lightning flash icon to display the InterCheck Monitor.
- Right-click the InterCheck Monitor to display a menu.
- Select 'Sophos Anti-Virus'.
- Select the IC Client tab.
- Click 'GO'.
Sophos Anti-Virus for NetApp service not running
Check that the 'Sophos Anti-Virus for NetApp' service is running on the anti-virus server.
If it is not running, this might be because of incorrect credentials, account lockout, or insufficient rights.
- Ensure that you have entered the correct username and password.
- Check that you are using the correct account.
- Check that the account has sufficient rights.