Sophos Anti-Virus (SAV) for Netware fails to update if updating from an update location containing the file 'SubscriptionData.dat' as generated by Sophos Update Manger 1.5.0 .
The following error message may be seen in the SYS:SWEEP\SWEEP.LOG file on the Netware computer:
Auto-updating: An update has arrived at [timestamp].
Auto-updating: The current update folder is SYS:/SWEEP/NLMINST/CIDS/S000/SYS/SWEEP/NLMINST/.
Auto-updating error at [Timestamp]: Unable to copy SYS:/SWEEP/NLMINST/CIDS/S000/SYS/SWEEP/NLMINST/SubscriptionData.dat into SYS:/SWEEP/TEMPCID/SubscriptionData.dat.
Unable to carry out auto-updating.
First seen in
Sophos Anti-Virus for NetWare
SAV for Netware does not expect to find the file 'SubscriptionData.dat'. This is a new file generated on each update by SUM 1.5.0.
What To Do
Important update: Sophos Update Manager 1.5.1 is scheduled to be released to our warehouses from 5th December 2013. This minor update will not generate this file.
Two alternative options to resolve the issue:
- Install an additional Sophos Update Manager (SUM) on the network that can generate the SAV for Netware CID. By default only the SUM on the Sophos management server will generate this file in all CIDs. For more details see article 51068.
- If you are not running Enterprise Console 5.2.1 or 5.2.1 R2 you can select an older version of SUM as this will not generate the file 'SubscriptionData.dat'.
Note: This will have no impact on other products.
To choose an older version of SUM, perform the following:
- Open Enterprise Console.
- Switch to the 'Update managers' view. The version of SUM running on each of your servers is displayed.
- Double-click on the computer name to bring up the 'Configure update manager' dialog.
- Select the 'Advanced' tab to control the version of SUM in the drop-down list.