After a clean boot, it is best to scan from a set of write-protected Emergency SAV (ESD) disks.
What to do
Windows and DOS
To create a set for Windows and DOS
- Download the Emergency SAV Distribution file.
- Double-click the downloaded file 'esddisk.exe' to unzip it, following the on-screen instructions. Go to the location to which it is saved, the default is C:\ESDDISK.
- Make a floppy disk version by following the instructions given in the READESDD.TXT.
- Add any relevant virus identity (IDE) files to the final disk in the set.
- Write-protect the floppy disks.
Since these are disk images, disks prepared on either Windows or Netware can be used on any the other.