This article is relevant to Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac OS X version 8 only
Unhelpful error messages appears on screen while trying to install Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac.
Sophos product and version
Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac
Mac OS X
What to do
- Make sure the Sophos Anti-Virus.mpkg is on the desktop of the client computer.
- Double-click the installer package to start the installer.
- Select 'Installer Log' from the dropdown menu. The installer log window will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Change the level of logging detail from 'Show Errors Only' to 'Show All Logs'.
- Proceed through the installation as far as you can.
- Before closing the installer save the log file by selecting File|Save and save the log file to the Desktop.
NOTE: Closing the installer before saving the log file will close the logging window too and the information will be lost.